Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Salad

That word use to make me cringe inside and make me want to shout
"NOT A REAL MEAL!"
Over the years however, I have experienced a growing love for salads.
They're not just limpless leaves of lettuce thrown onto a plate. 
Salads can be rather tasty and I've begun exploring the many different varieties.
HOWEVER
There are two things in this world that the Texan and I will not, CAN NOT, give up
1. Pizza
2. Cheese
And neither you really put on a salad. 
Yes you can put cheese on a salad but not in the amount we like to eat it.
SO in a bid to make our tummies happier, and our reflection in the mirror look prettier,
we have decided to put the greasy pizzas on the shelf for a while and take to 
eating healthier. 
We aren't giving up pizza completely, just making healthier versions of our favourite meals.
I will share the photo worthy meals here and hopefully they'll entice you to pick 
up the bowl of salad instead of the phone to order pizza


Grilled Chicken and Spinach Salad


Asian Peanut Noodles With Chicken
Chicken Zucchini Alfredo

Baked tilapia
With a side of couscous this would make a hearty meal


No comments:

Post a Comment