Thursday, May 31, 2012

A Little Story...

I was re-reading my post from the other day and realised that anyone
reading this might be a little confused as to why a 25 yr old is having two weddings.
That's assuming that there are people out there who read my blog other than my mum :)
But to explain why I will be marrying my husband for the second time this summer I have to go back to the beginning. 


I came to America from Ireland 4 years ago to do my masters in counselling.
2 years ago I graduated with my masters and started working for a Church as the assistant
to the youth pastor. Me and this youth pastor (the Texan) did NOT get on.
We worked like that for a couple months but Christmas came around, he wasn't there 
for the holidays and strangely I missed him??? 


The we had a new year's eve party for our youth group and he came back for that and 
what was this?? I was starting to crush on him! 
Funnily enough he had been crushing on me for quite a few months. 
So hate turned to love and we started dating in March, got engaged in November 
and started planning for a July wedding in Ireland. 
Everything was going great, plans were under way, dress was bought and then


B.A.M!


We met with a lawyer on Monday who told us that if I left the country in July I 
wouldn't be getting back in on my current visa. So we had no choice but to get married
that Saturday so I could become the spouse of an American and file all my paperwork
to get my green card before we left in July. 
So we got married on St Patrick's Day, both our mum's were able to fly in, one from Texas
one from Ireland on only 2 days notice. 
We skyped our two families, one in Ireland, one in Texas, my best friend was on 
the phone which was by my foot so she could hear the wedding.
We got married in my friend's back garden, with 12 of our closest friends and it
was beautiful!


So yes we are married, we are living happily together, figuring out the in's and out's of
this whole marriage thing. Some days are thumbs up days, others are thumbs down. But I love
my Texan and he is more than I could have ever imagined in a husband. 
He doesn't like potatoes, he loves spicy food, he's not a cowboy but he is from Texas. 
Despite all that :) I love him!


So on July 6th we are getting married again, in Ireland, for all my family and friends to be 
there. We have Texans and Philadelphian's flying in all ready and waiting to experience
the charm of the Emerald Isle. 


And that's my story.........so far


And this is home




P.S I am so sorry for the length of this little story!

2 comments:

  1. I love your story! Who knew coming here for school, you'd end up with a husband! And I love that your friend was on the phone so that she could hear the wedding, so sweet.

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great story! Hope the next phase of the wedding goes wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete