Friday, February 24, 2012

Awkward and Awesome

Awkward
- Walking around the supermarket with the back of my shirt tucked into the back of my high waisted trousers when I purposefully wore a longer top so that my bOOtAy wouldn't be as much on display. Gosh darnnit why does it have to be so persistent on having its own show!
- Waking up a little too late and putting on two odd socks, only for that to be the day you take the kids (not my own!) to the trampoline to jump around with the neighbourhood kids and their mothers. I looked like the teenage babysitter who thinks it's "cool and statementy" to wear odd socks to school. When really I'm the 24 year old who just wanted 10 more minutes in bed.
- I needed a new brush/mop so find the perfect one, put it in my trolley only to end up hitting every living being in that shop on their rear end with it. Finally I realised it made more sense to carry it when this mother of two didn't find it as humorous as I did. Come on woman, it's kind of funny to be hit on the head with a bristle brush, no??


Awesome
- After almost 3 months of thinking you lost those gift cards, finding them under the office table, and seeing that you forgot there were 2! Hello copious cups of hot milk with extra cream FOR FREE!
- Finding long lost comfort clothes. I love it when you finally do that room clean out and low and behold there's those jeans, that you knew and loved but just didn't make the cut for the wardrobe, instead they made the under the bed cut. Oh jeans you are back in the arms of your beholder. I have missed you!
- Freebies are the best, especially in the form of FOOD! Since I couldn't understand the man behind the speaker and he couldn't understand me, my donut order got so mixed up, he through one in for apologies. Dunkin, my luck with you is neverending! Die hard fan, right here. No one gets between me and my donuts, EVER!




Come on, give us a smile! It's Friday!



No comments:

Post a Comment